Friday, July 12, 2024

WHEN THE TRUMPET BLOWS


BAND NAME: When The Trumpet Blows
GENRE: Brutal Death Metal
STATUS: Active
LOCATION: Sealy, Texas

Lineup:
Mitchell Garrett Hanning "Gutterhoor" - Everything


Discography:


Screams From The Abyss (demo, December 22, 2023, Independent) (Digital)

1. Screams From The Abyss 4:04
2. Vulture 1:28
Hold your tongue
Satan sends the vulture
Save yourself, leave your kin to rot

Defeat yourself
Leave the husk like a locust
Sacrifice the only life you'll know

Vultures in the plains
Vultures in the plains

Vultures in the...

I'm slipping, you're slipping
Get up, I'm slipping

I'm slipping, you're slipping
Get up

We're living, we're fighting
Stand up

Vultures picking at the flesh of my barren back
Stript

I will find the light
He will rise

3. I'd Love To Change The World 1:01
Holding out on patience
Cannot go and change the world
Live a hallowed life
Swallow whole your vice
Living buried under

He laments your name
Washes you anew

He laments your name
Live the life he bloomed




Mind And Soul (album, July 12, 2024, Christian Metal Underground Records) (CD, Digital)

1. Broken Life 2:26
Destined to solitude
So does these thoughts that lead my head
Pray this promised solution
Would confine the space instead
Plastic to say it loosely
To live my life in sharp waves
To bring this ship home
But all that ever comes is the tide
It's all in my head
But nothing I think will lay it to bed
Was it something I ready
That would take me to a hollow
Bending my way
Masked a parasite that would
Run, run my broken life

2. Paradise 1:11
As we graze in love and blossom
Your holy grace is all I've sought for
Every time I close my eyes
I dream of our escape to paradise
Every day's a new beginning
Heavy hearts are always lifting
When I kneel in prayer you take me away
Every time I tear my heart out
I'm always sifting through the fallout
Lonely nights have kept me waiting
I dig my nails into the painting
I wade

3. Forgiveness 1:08
Wondering
Where my roads have lead
Dead
I live it
God
I have lost out
I need your forgiveness

4. Devil In My Head 1:25
Looking in, devil in my head
Devil got my head
Devil in my head
Stripping me bare
I know how to beat this
I know how to live
Yahweh
Your rusted old chain
He breaks
I know how to beat this
I know how to live
Yahweh
Devil leave my head

5. Self Hatred, Lost 1:43
I feel the hate tear into my bones
I feel the lies cut into my soul
Self hatred is all I can live for
The death of me sounds so pleasing
I am an angered soul
Nothing has reached me
I forfeit all my life
'Cause sin completes me
Open your mind and you will see
The devil is open to all that bleeds
Nothing in life contains the pain
Open your mind and let Jesus reign
Self hatred is wasted potential
The rebirth of me sounds so pleasing

6. Suffer 2:23
Rendered unto insurmountable despair
A feeling I can't survive
A feeling the world around me has died
A feeling the world has been dead my whole life
Rendered unto insurmountable despair
Neglected by the earth
Hazed into an unfortunate circumstance
Degraded into dirt
Wasted on all the wine
Beaten by all the lies
Heaven was way too bright
I just want to die
Born just to suffer
Despairs the way of life
We were nothing from the start
Only meant to die
We're only meant to suffer
We're only meant to die
Yahweh
Can save you
How he helped me
Who loves, who cleans
Who breaks my chains

7. Cleansed Anew 1:45
Give my hate away
Bring myself anew
Pull my heart (out) from disease
Cull unholy eyes clean
Dripping over me
Cull my bloody eyes clean

8. For You 1:14
I will change my life
I will live for love
I will change my life
I love you God
I will seek out for help
I won't lock it inside
I will fight
For You

9. Suffer More 2:45
Before him nations gather
Separating sheep from goats
Are you prepared for your inheritance
Be it blessed or be it cursed?
There's one so hard to turn from
Deceiving through a smile
He speaks of self-indulgence
The devil acts with guile
The wicked dream nirvana
Torments day and night
Eternal punishment, Gehenna
You've been warned of this plight
There's one so pure and loving
Our evil sins he bore
You accept his precious gift
Eternal life is evermore
Suffer more
Accept, believe, confess
The path narrow and straight
Great your reward in Heaven
Upon reaching those Golden Gates
Before him nations gather
Separating sheep from goats
Are you prepared for your inheritance
Be it blessed or be it cursed?

10. Battle For Mind & Soul 2:35
The pain of drinking brings me down
Down to the abyss where I drown
Wait, don't shut me away
Please, stay awhile with me
Hate me, for what I've become
Chained me, I'll drink till I drop
Friend, don't leave me to sulk
It's a dull life, when you're left all alone
Drink, another bottle today
Tomorrow, I'll throw my life away

11. Choir Of Damnation 2:34
Do you loathe it
Does it haunt you
'Cause it's eating you from the feet
And it's working up to your head
Pull it up, bully back
Take the power back
Heathen beware
Slowly
Consumed with notes
Unholy
Beast will choke
On your false promise
Had I lived
You spin (spit) on my Savior (sanity) out of my head
Are you mad, do you loathe it
When he raised me up, heart open to all
Like a good friend, like an enemy
You have my back, but you shame my identity
Choir of damnation
The higher notes have left me stricken
The height of your singing
Has no longer a hold on me

12. I Know God's There 1:47
Weak, drained
Unable to explain
Emotions abound
I can't make a sound
No whisper, scream
Like a horrible dream
I won't despair
I know God's there
I climb, I fall
I've hit another wall
Self-focus devastates
Just another bad trait
Let go of the vice
Chains dragging me down
They're his to carry
No more fears abound
Still imperfect
Yet progressing
Sometimes failing
Distraught, wailing
Fear no more
Peace is given
Eternal love
I cannot fathom

13. Hurt From The Start 1:59
Everything in life always hurt from the start
Ever since I remembered I just wanted to be a part of the world and the weeds and all the love that it brings
But I always shot it down
Just for other trivial things

14. Screams From The Abyss 4:00
I will rise

No comments:

Post a Comment